- Place a sheet of plastic or pallets on the floor under your items to protect against moisture. Concrete floors may become cold & damp.
- Items that you will need regular access to should be stored in the front of the unit. Items you will not need regular access to can be stored in the back of the unit.
- Try to leave space in the center of the unit for easy access. Leave a small space between the walls and boxes to allow for air circulation.
- Keep an inventory of your items in a safe place at home or safe deposit box not in the storage unit. You may also choose to photograph or videotape your belongings in the unit as well.
- Fragile items such as dishes or glass items should be wrapped and packed in sturdy boxes. Place these boxes on top of other items to avoid damage.
- If you are storing a cart or dolly for later use, leave it near the entry door for easy access.